Dawn Benson Scholarship
Dawn M. Benson is a member of the first class of students to graduate from the School of Nursing at San Diego State University (then San Diego State College). She received her degree in 1957, was a nurse in the Navy, and then a school nurse at Chula Vista High School. She established this scholarship in 1966 to give back to nursing and help students pursue their nursing degrees.
To apply for this scholarship, submit a General Application.
If you do not meet all of these requirements in a given term, you may lose your scholarship eligibility and your scholarship may be canceled.
- Recipients will be pursuing a program of study in the School of Nursing.
- Preference given to applicants with financial need, as determined by the SDSU Financial Aid Office.
- Applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application by the scholarship opportunity’s deadline for financial need to be determined.
- Undergraduate students are not required to be enrolled full-time.
- Graduate students are not required to be enrolled full-time.