Cotton Metzger Scholarship in Honor of LGBT Students
The Cotton Metzger Scholarship in honor of LGBT students will provide annual support for a student scholarship(s) at San Diego State University. The intent of this scholarship is to provide support to students who are members of, or actively involved in the LGBT community. The recipients shall be students who have made a contribution to the LGBT community and have worked to enhance the greater society’s perception of members of the LGBT community.
If you do not meet all of these requirements in a given term, you may lose your scholarship eligibility and your scholarship may be canceled.
- Applications are open to any student who is involved in the SDSU or their local LGBT organization or community.
- Recipients must have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 out of 4.00, or the arithmetic equivalent.
- Recipients must have financial need, as determined by the SDSU Financial Aid Office.
- Applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application by the scholarship opportunity’s deadline for financial need to be determined.
- Student must be enrolled full-time to remain eligible for this scholarship.
- To be determined by the scholarship committee.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please share in 500 words or less your involvement with the LGBT community and how that has influenced your life and your future goals. Or, tell us what you might do to positively influence the personal or professional development of a LGBT student entering college today.