Conrad Klement Memorial Scholarship
Conrad Klement was born in Medford, Wisconsin, and after a career in the Navy became a local resident of Ocean Beach. He earned his GED in the service but never attended college. He believed however that education was the great equalizer. He was very proud that all three of his children and one grandchild graduated from SDSU. Conrad had many hobbies including bee keeping, woodworking, gardening, and building an experimental aircraft. His over one-million-dollar endowment to SDSU created this scholarship to help qualified, financially needy students complete a four-year degree in any subject area.
If you do not meet all of these requirements in a given term, you may lose your scholarship eligibility and your scholarship may be canceled.
- Recipients must be undergraduates.
- All majors are eligible
- Recipients must have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or the arithmetic equivalent.
- Recipients must be U.S. citizens and residents of San Diego County.
- Recipients must have financial need, as determined by the SDSU Financial Aid Office.
- Applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the scholarship opportunity’s deadline for financial need to be determined.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time to remain eligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation/reference. Referees must submit letters of recommendation/references by the application deadline in order for your application to be complete and considered by the committee. Referees cannot log into Aztec Scholarships until you submit your application.